Kotryna's Reviews > Reductionism in Art and Brain Science: Bridging the Two Cultures

Reductionism in Art and Brain Science by Eric R. Kandel

Nov 06, 2016

An inspiring little book more focused on reductionism in art, than in brain science, but yet opening a door for further reading on the subject, hopefully by the same author in the near future. The thesis is fascinating, but the lack of actual scientific research is still obvious and one can only hope that leading brain scientists with all the technology available will keep going through the route of analyzing art as a neurological experience.

I've enjoyed it a lot, because of writing style and an open mind of Eric R. Kandel making complicated theme seem so easy and approachable, and because of the multi-disciplinary subject itself. P.S. The book focuses only on visual arts, mostly abstract painting of the XX c.

After finishing the book I feel a need to reread it, and I don't think this feeling will go away after I read it for the second or third time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reductionism in Art and Brain Science.

October 31, 2016 – Shelved