Dana Mann's Reviews > Darcy's Hope: Beauty from Ashes: A WWI Pride & Prejudice Variation

Darcy's Hope by Ginger Monette

U 50x66

I am a huge fan of "Pride and Prejudice" and that is why I chose to read this book. I have never read a variation of a favorite classic before, and I was a little skeptical to see some of my favorite characters taken out of their setting and placed in one so vastly different. It took me a few chapters to leave my unease behind but I was quickly drawn into the storyline. I was intrigued by the ability of the author to maintain enough similarities of the characters themselves to recognize their basic characters but also the depth that she added to them that helps you understand these people on a deeper emotional level. The story was not only well written but historically rich. Most fiction overlooks WWI and goes right into WWII. It was refreshing and exciting to learn more about a time period that I have read very little about. It does end in a cliffhanger but does give closure. I am looking forward to reading the sequel.

Note: I received this book from the Publisher in exchange for my review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darcy's Hope.

October 20, 2016 – Started Reading