Shannon Youngblood's Reviews > Fire and Ice

bookshelves: blog-books, all-time-favorites, sports
Read from November 12 to 16, 2016

**5+ Stars***
 photo 5 Buttons.jpg_zpshyhsjgb0.jpg

Oh my dear Rhonda James, you've healed my broken heart, and flooded my basement (hehe). How is this the first book I've read by you? This must be a mistake right? Don't tell my husband, but I might have gone a little one-click happy.... #Sorrynotsorry.

When I first started this book, I was skeptical. Girl see's ex, girl runs and hides, girl "runs into" new guy...... Heard it.... Oh but NO! Not this version I hadn't and neither have you. I'm not gonna tell you what happens next, but it was fucking hot, and spontaneous and gave me goosebumps.

While we're on the subject of sexy time-horizontal (and-sometimes-vertical-up-against-the-window)- HOTNESS, let's talk about the chemistry between our darling Laney and our smokin' hot Derek

photo 5 Orgasm Button_zpsm0jqyhvr.jpg

This book had me sitting my my car, dreading going back into work, and since I live SOOOO close to the fictional Derek, it's taken everything in my power not to drive aimlessly looking for a sexy as hockey player, and a vintage pawnshop to stalk. Derek was the absolute definition of a book boyfriend. He is everything you could ever look for in a man. Successful, driven, gorgeous, and a powerhouse on the ice, and between the sheets. He was charming, and caring, and I'm ridiculously jealous of Laney.

Laney....God I love a strong ass girl, who will do whatever she has to do to make shit work. After a fucked up past and present she's living with, she remains bad ass, even though all she wants to do is give-up. She had the opportunity, but never once did she give into it. She remained bold, and held herself with great pride. (And trust me, after a run in with a potential in-law- THAT is no easy feat!)

I loved the supporting characters, especially Cassie, which is perfect since my next personal read will be Jersey Girl. The team was awesome to read about, and I loved their back and forth banter, and loathe I am to admit it, i'd probably end up being a puck bunny (sorry 'bout it)---That's only if one of them didn't pick me---or puck me ;)

Overall, for being my first Rhonda James book, I must say I'm in love, and cliche as it is, this book will not be my last read by this incredibly talented writer. She has a way of bringing you into the world she's created, and forgetting about the outside, and all of the flaws it holds, for just a little while. Her way with words is really quite amazing, and I highly recommend getting your copy of Fire and Ice today. Double D approves!

#slutpride, #thedailydose #VitaminD #DirtyGenetlemen

ARC provided by Author in exchange for an honest bitchin’ review.
Reviewed by The Royal Bitch from Bitches N’ Books
 photo Shannon Button_zpskqnv23v2.jpg

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire and Ice.

10/31/2016 marked as: in-queue