Eve (Between The Bookends)'s Reviews > Force of Temptation

Force of Temptation by Suzanne Wright

liked it

description

I REALLY wanted like this one more than I did. I've been struggling to finish it for a few days now. Unfortunately, it pretty much bored me to tears.

I liked both Jesse and Harley for the most part, but never really felt a connection between them, and I found Harley a little too alpha bitch at times. I also didn't love the fact that Jesse knew he wanted to mate her for three years and kept tabs on her etc, but continued to sleep around with OW. I am generally more picky about that type of thing in paranormal books. At least Harley had been getting herself some as well (Although Jesse apparently chased off her men. So I guess what's good for the goose isn't good for the gander?) On top of that, I HATED 95% of the pack in this one. They were horrible, and judgy, and rude, and unwelcoming.

description

I also had a problem with them not being true mates. Sure Jesse's is dead and died when they were kids, so it's not like Harley was second best BUT Harley's true mate is still out there somewhere. What is she runs across him one day? How is her imprinting on Jesse fair to her TRUE mate? It's NOT in my opinion, and honestly one of the reasons I just never felt a connection with these two.

In any case, I think this was more an "ME" issue than a book issue. I love this author's books usually, and my issues aside it was a well-written book with a very low angst and easy peasy relationship between the hero/heroine.So don't let my review deter you from giving this one a go.

description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Force of Temptation.

October 31, 2016 – Shelved
October 31, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
October 31, 2016 – Shelved as: dec-arcs-to-review
December 10, 2016 – Started Reading
December 12, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)

⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰ Enjoy hun ;) xo

Eve (Between The Bookends) Alicia wrote: "Enjoy hun ;) xo"

Fingers crossed! ;D

message 3: by Cheesecake (new) - added it

Cheesecake great review! Think I might skip this one for all the reasons you stated above... plus life is too short ; )

Eve (Between The Bookends) Cheesecake wrote: "great review! Think I might skip this one for all the reasons you stated above... plus life is too short ; )"

Thanks, and that it is! :D

Nikki "The Crazie Betty" V. I've tried and failed miserably to get into these shifter stories. They really just aren't for me, I can't suspend belief enough to get into them.

Eve (Between The Bookends) Nikki "The Crazie Betty" V. wrote: "I've tried and failed miserably to get into these shifter stories. They really just aren't for me, I can't suspend belief enough to get into them."

This author usually writes really good ones. This one was just a HUGE miss for me..oh well. Can't love them all I guess!

message 7: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Great review, Eve! I'd have a problem with the heroine's true mate coming along too! Doesn't sound thought out.

Eve (Between The Bookends) Danielle wrote: "Great review, Eve! I'd have a problem with the heroine's true mate coming along too! Doesn't sound thought out."

Thanks! Ya, had both their true mates been dead then it would have worked better for me. Even if she was solid in her love for Jesse, what about the poor guy who know has to go through life without HIS true mate?

message 9: by ♡Tonya♡ (new)

♡Tonya♡ this when down the tubes at "alpha bitch" not a big fan of an alpha heroine. . Great review

Eve (Between The Bookends) Ya, she was a bit too alpha and bitching for me.

Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕ Lovely review Sweetheart!! ;) xoxo

Eve (Between The Bookends) Thanks Darling! :D

Mindy Lou's Book Review Bummer, I'm almost done with it myself but I am enjoying it. Hopefully her next one will work better for you!

Eve (Between The Bookends) ~Mindy~ wrote: "Bummer, I'm almost done with it myself but I am enjoying it. Hopefully her next one will work better for you!"

Thanks Mindy! I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. ;D

message 15: by Eyvette (new)

Eyvette Abreu Great Review Eve :)

Eve (Between The Bookends) Eyvette wrote: "Great Review Eve :)"

Thanks Babe! :D

message 17: by Dee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee I am with you completely. I couldn't feel their connection at all. And the fact that Harley's true mate is out there and there is the open possibility of them bumping into each other is what had me really disliking this mating.

Eve (Between The Bookends) Dariza wrote: "I am with you completely. I couldn't feel their connection at all. And the fact that Harley's true mate is out there and there is the open possibility of them bumping into each other is what had me..."

YES!! It would have worked much better for me had both their true mates been deceased. I couldn't really feel a HEA for this couple with the spector of Harley's true mate hanging over them. Glad I am not the only one that felt like this! ;D