Tevya's Reviews > Strong, Silent Type

Strong, Silent Type by Lorelei James

Jun 26, 2011

Read from June 26 to 27, 2011

Just when I thought I had read all of the current books in the Rough Riders series, I stumbled upon this gem. Strong, Silent Type is Quinn's story. While he is a McKay, he is cousin to the brothers we have been reading about. Because he is already married, he didn't get a book of his own. This novella tells the story of Quinn and his wife, Libby, during a rocky patch in their marriage.

The reason I loved this story so much is because I identified so well with the feelings both Quinn and Libby were experiencing. While the situations leading up to those feelings, and the results as well, were far from my situation, I think everyone who has ever been married for any length of time or who has been in a long term relationship has felt what Libby and Quinn are feeling. Their journey through reconnecting with each other was as inspiring as it was hot. While most of us can only hope for a weekend of decadent, no holding back, wildest fantasies come true sex like Quinn and Libby, we can learn a lot from them about opening up, being honest, looking inside ourselves rather than at our partners, and yes - being willing to become the person our partner needs, including fulfilling those wild fantasies.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Strong, Silent Type.

06/26/2011