Katie's Reviews > When You Can't Scream...or 10 Reasons Why I Smoke

When You Can't Scream...or 10 Reasons Why I Smoke by Doren M. Damico

F 50x66
Oct 29, 2016

I love the idea of this poetry collection When you Can’t Scream ...or Ten Reasons Why I Smoke by writer Doren Damico. She recollects moments of her life and the cigarettes she smoked before, during and after them. It doesn’t lack self-awareness.
I like that this includes photographs of women, mostly with cigarettes between their fingers.
I also like that Doren Damico does not set out to glamorise smoking and uses this book to warn of the dangers of this addiction.
I do not smoke but I know somebody who does and When you Can’t Scream... or Ten Reasons Why I Smoke made me want to be less tolerant and cut their cigarettes into pieces.
This does not only contain poetry, it is an autobiography of the writers life and her remembrances of cigarettes past smoked, through traumatic events in her life.
When You Can’t Scream... or Ten Reasons Why I Smoke is certainly an original book and one worthy for your bookshelf.
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When You Can't Scream...or 10 Reasons Why I Smoke.

Finished Reading