Carol Ann's Reviews > The Darwin Experience: The Story of the Man and His Theory of Evolution

The Darwin Experience by John van Wyhe

Nov 22, 2016

bookshelves: 2016-extreme-book-nerd-challenge

What a wonderful book! It is packed with interesting details about Darwin's life, both scientific and personal. I had no idea of the breadth of Darwin's studies that included not only animals, humans and evolution, but the study of plants, barnacles, insects, geology, and paleontology. He even studied the expression of emotions by researching facial muscles in humans and animals (I wonder if this could be some of the earliest research on body language). It was fun to read some of Darwin's notes, letters, lists, maps and other items tucked away in pockets within the book. I especially enjoyed reading his pro's and con's list, "To Marry or Not to Marry", which clearly shows he was a scientist through and through! This is a book to treasure; a book to take your time with, to explore and absorb and ponder. Highly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darwin Experience.

October 29, 2016 – Started Reading