Lisa's Reviews > The Redemption of Ajax

The Redemption of Ajax by Trinity Faegen

Jun 25, 2011

bookshelves: egmont

Originally posted at Read Me Bookmark Me Love Me

Wow! That is The Mephisto Covenant in one word. I absolutely adored this novel and have been going slightly crazy over it ever since. I began reading with no expectations and was shocked when I fell in love instantly. It was very easy to get lost in Faegen's beautiful writing and to be captivated by her well-developed characters, thought out plot and cheeky humour.

When Sasha's mother is deported to Russia after being fired from her job with the State Department, Sasha is forced to move to Colorado to live with her hate-filled aunt, powerless uncle and cruel cousins. There, she runs into a boy named Jax, the same boy who saved her from being killed during a Ravens initiation meeting. The Ravens are a large cult, led by many all over the world but ultimately serve just one - Eryx, an immortal with a mission to overthrow Lucifer and take over Hell. Did I mention that he's Jax's brother? Running from evil skias, Sasha must work with Jax and his five other brothers to keep the ones she cares about safe and to keep herself alive.

Jax and his brothers are mephistos, people who capture skias and lost souls to rid the world of evil. Jax is intriguing, with his gorgeous physical appearance, kind heart, protectiveness, responsibility and attempts at aloofness towards Sasha. Trying desperately to keep her life light, without his dark influence, he falls more and more in love with her every day and fights the temptation he feels for her sexually, as engaging in such activity would alert Eryx to her existence at any given time. Sasha is an anabo, a being of light and purity. Only an anabo can fall in love with a son of Hell and redeem him in the eyes of God, which is why Eryx is so desperate to get his hands on her. Jax and Sasha are a sexy couple - drop dead sexy. Be prepared for lots of sexual tension, unhurried fondling and shameless staring. I loved it! Their relationship develops at a nice speed; slow enough to be realistic but fast enough to keep us interested and needy. The novel switches points of view between them and allows us insight into their very different worlds. Girl, boy, good, bad, anabo, mephisto, amateur, experienced…TICK!

I should stop talking. You just must read this. The characters are easy to connect with, the plot easy to follow, the mysteries exciting, and the romance sizzling. Even if you don't fall for Jax, I'm sure one of his brothers will tickle your fancy. Twists occur when you least expect and this novel will sate your hunger for a brilliant read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Redemption of Ajax.

08/28/2011 page 121
28.0% "Loving this so much!"

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Nice review! I've been considering this one.

Lisa Thanks :) Definitely give it a go!