Nicay Magnate's Reviews > And the Trees Crept In

And the Trees Crept In by Dawn Kurtagich

bookshelves: kindle

description

Review also posted on The Nerdy Side of a Queen

Cause: Memories are suppressed so the girl can survive.

Effect: A girl grows a granite heart.

Creeeaaakkkk…

I can’t believe I finished reading it without any symptoms of heart attack. The story was just so very creepy and mind-blowing.

Two sisters escaped from their father after they beaten without any reason. They escape and went to their Aunt Cathy at La Baume mansion.

Prisilla Daniels or Silla was the elder sister and she really loves her younger sister Eleanor or Nori for short. They taught they would end up happy and safe with her aunt.

But as her aunt told about The Creeper Man, the crazy things has been started.

Their aunt went crazy, the roots were closer and a mysterious guy keeps coming at the mansion.

Well, I wouldn’t tell all the details in the story because you need to see for yourself because it was incredibly beautiful in a scary way.

The effect of this story for me was really a headache, not bad but a good headache. It was not only a goosebumps-worthy, but the twists and turns were really intriguing.

If the characters were real, they will be really good actors and actresses. I was watching not in the 3D cinema, but in an actual on-stage play.

Silla, her grief, range anger and hopelessness – I really felt it.

There was really a moment that I want to shout her that she needs to forgive herself. But, as usual, I need to wait for the ending part.

And I was really shocked at myself that all the missing pieces in the first half have been united in the last few chapters. And I was like...

description

And the last few chapter, it was so... (view spoiler)

This story, it not only gives a mind blowing experiences but also a lesson that may apply to all of us.

5/5 star goosebumps for this book!

WordpressInstagramTwitterTumblrFacebook

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read And the Trees Crept In.

October 27, 2016 – Shelved
October 28, 2016 – Started Reading
October 28, 2016 –
35.0% "I'm beginning to be afraid of roots right now. :/"
October 29, 2016 –
October 30, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog Great review! I don't think I can read this haha I'm too weak

Nicay Magnate Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog wrote: "Great review! I don't think I can read this haha I'm too weak"

Thank you! You can do it, Nissa! :)

message 3: by Pearl (new)

Pearl Angeli Beautiful review, sis! You are a brave heart! :D

Nicay Magnate Pearl wrote: "Beautiful review, sis! You are a brave heart! :D"

Thank you, Sis! I'm not really brave, Sis. I'm scared also. :P

Nicay Magnate Haylee → (puppy love♥ = my sweetie) = Maddie ♥ + wrote: "Amazing review ❤ (:V)"

Thank you, Sweetie!

message 6: by Aditi (new)

Aditi Amazing review :-)

message 7: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic wonderful review sis nicay! :)

Aj the Ravenous Reader Looks like the perfect read during the Halloween. Hehe. Great review, Nicay. <3

Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm Wow, what a heartstopping review, Nicay!