Cynthia's Reviews > Seducing the Marquess

Seducing the Marquess by Callie Hutton

What made this story for me was the humor I totally love a book with humor. The author brings to the table very likable characters that pull you in giving you a highly entertaining read.

Devon has been bought up with strict ways a wife, or married couple should act he thought he found the perfect lady in his lovely new wife Eugenia. She has such grace, just the right tones, the right actions to make those in the ton very happy. No one can or will find fault in his lovely wife. He really is thrilled to have got such a lady but something is a little off, he just isn’t satisfied in his marriage. He can’t put his finger on it she hasn’t done anything wrong she is just as she should be.

Eugenia on the surface is a little cold she is one that never lets anyone sees her emotions. No one can make her show how she really feels. She is a lady and always knows her place in public. In the Ton everyone looks up to them and their marriage. This is how a couple should act with respect not showing any feeling. For Eugenia she is happy with her husband he is everything he should be and more. Devon never would dream of embarrassing her and is very discreet. This was what she thought she wanted but she finds herself very unhappy. She is ready to stand up and make a stand she hopes Devon feels the same way. This is where it gets very interesting the Ice Queen is about to have a thawing out and make some moves that just might make the Ton see her in a different light.

This was a charming and delightful read. I thought them already being married added to the story. I loved the baiting and head butting as these two work out the true meaning of a marriage. I really enjoyed watching Eugenia come out of her shell going for what she wanted her husband’s love. I thought the characters were delightful as well as the plot. We all know how marriage is it was nice to see a marriage work taking the good with the bad finding a middle ground and saying the heck with what people think. This was a story that pulled me in giving me pleasure from start to finish.
****************************

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seducing the Marquess.

Started Reading