Isabella ~Mikku-chan~'s Reviews > Roughing the Passer

Roughing the Passer by Alison Hendricks

bookshelves: 5-stars-favourites, favorites, arc-advanced-reader-copy

Again a good Alison Hendricks book, this time away from the Eastshore Tigers and now the ESC Mavericks. I really liked Diego and Garrett.
The beginning was a bit bumpy and Diego could be a bit pain in the ass. xD But I really started to like him after a while. :3

It started slow, Diego isn't at the beginning a charming guy, he is passive aggressive, often tries to get in Garrett's way. The tension is slow rising between the both guys, risind to the top and fully revealed later. :3

I liked Garrett's mature behaviour in contrast to Diego. On the other hand we soon get the information that Diego is only trying to be tough and aloof because of his past. It is great that we get the information my only complain is the way we get it: sometimes it is thrown in, a bit lazy and without the connection I needed - or maybe I only missed it. Despite the fact that a few information were a bit bumpy introduced it is a good insight of the character. Diego get his dynamics and is more dimensial.

As I said the tension between is slowly rising and both learn new things about each other - as well as the reader. Diego for example isn't the aggressive, rumbling guy with the snark side comments and with bad jokes.

Why I only give 4.5 out of 5 stars? Because the things about the character were a bit randomly smashed into, the connection had to be a slight bit better. Also I was involved but I think it could be confusing to only "read" about several actions. But still I was so hooked I give the book 4.5 out of 5 stars.

The small reappearance of Luke from the 3rd Eastshore Tigers book - Trick Play - was great, it was a mini connection. I really like this.

Review originally posted on my blog with added content Mikku-chan / A world full of words

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Roughing the Passer.

October 27, 2016 – Shelved