Tassa DeSalada's Reviews > Start Again

Start Again by J. Saman

Start Again drew me in from the very beginning. The prologue was really hard for me, as I had been in those exact same shoes. My then three year old son flatlined at the ER with me in the room. However, my experience had a much better ending, and I thank God every day that my son is still with me. But nonetheless, it brought back those lost forgotten feelings and memories. The writing is true in its detail at every level. It was extremely realistic and very hard to read. But that's life. Life IS hard. This story made me all the more grateful that our lives had very different paths. I feel very sorry for the people who were forced to follow the other path like Kate. But good for Kate for moving on. I think I somehow need to move on myself.

J. Saman is an excellent writer. She nailed the rest of the book just as well as she nailed the prologue. She draws the reader into the moment with excellent choice of detail. I feel what the characters feel, and the characters are trying their darndest to get their lives back together.

Ryan is simply dazzling. He's trying very hard to make it in life. We all know that's not easy. But when life presents him with that hot girl from his past, then he really comes alive. I love to follow Kate and Ryan's road trip, and Kate's return to mental health. It's beautifully developed along the way on how they get to know each other again and how their relationship flourishes. This book's a gut-wrenching in the best way ever!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Start Again.

Started Reading