TheBookAddictedGirl's Reviews > Forgotten

Forgotten by Cat Patrick

Jun 25, 2011

bookshelves: on-my-wishlist, birthday-bundle, in-my-mailbox, amazing-worlds, contempory, fantasy, favourites-shelf, mystery, paranormal, read-2011, real-to-life-fiction, romance, ya
Recommended for: Everyone - It's Sensational: One I Won't Be Forgetting In A Hurry!
Read from August 25 to 29, 2011 , read count: Just Once, But I Can't Get It Out of My Head!

4½ Out of 5
London Lane gets up, foe to school, hangs out, just like a normal girl. But what makes London different is that, every night at 4:33am, her memory resets itself. She can’t remember her past, only her future. She just about manages to get through each day. Until it all starts to collapse around her. Suddenly, the ones she trust the most are lying or falling to pieces. In fact, even London isn’t telling herself the truth. And the boy she loves… she doesn’t remember him. Which means he isn’t in her future. Or that, one day, he will do something to hurt her… But right now, right at this moment? London loves him more than she thought was possible. And then a memory emerges that changes her world forever…
I wasn’t sure what to expect when I picked this book up. Definitely not the emotional rollercoaster, the epic love story, the intriguing mystery and the wonderfully strong characters. It was just a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful story that had me in its grip from start to finish. And once I’d finished, all I wanted to do was pick it back up and read it again.
London Lane was someone I just instantly liked. She knew so much, had so much to deal with. She could see all the worst things, and she had to cope with it all. And, God, I felt so sorry for her. Even better: She was funny. In a wonderfully snarky way. And she had this habit of looking at shoes and guessing who was wearing them, something I found way too cute. London had a worryingly active imagination, and was very clever. This helped, ‘cause she was also scheming, a real evil genius. But, what really hit me about London was that, if she had to remember something –wanted to remember something – painful, she had to re-remember it over and over. Every.single.morning. How could do that? She was just so strong, choosing to remember some things. I know I would have taken the cowards’ route and forgotten…
Luke was sweet. He seemed like he kinda wanted to avoid attention and was a little awkward at first. And he was interested in ears – something that made me go: “Um. Ooookkk.” But he was just so cute! He adored his family, his little sisters, and he was really romantic, cute, gorgeous. And he really loved London, so much. I loved him!
Jamie Connor, London’s best friend. She was sweet and super protective towards London. But why, why, why didn’t she listen to London?!
London’s Mom was great, helping London deal with everything. She was the perfect mother – supportive and completely devoted to her daughter.
I just loved the whole future-seeing thing: it was intriguing. I did drive myself half mad by wondering why London was as she was. A strange psychological quirk? Or just plain psychic…ness? And the way London got to fall in love over and over and over again? So new and incredible. So beautiful. It was just such a perfect love story. Plus, I think the two of them were just too cute!
I loved every moment of Forgotten. I was completely thrown by the twists in the plot, glued to the page with suspense. I adored the light romantic side – the one that was way too sweet to be real. And I loved how it was written: London’s POV, present tense, with London’s notes, used to remember. The writing was just beautiful; raw and emotional, wonderfully lyrical, full of suspense and love. It was just perfect. And: sequel potential – I am so, so, so hoping for a sequel! I’m not ready to let these characters go!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forgotten.