Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger)'s Reviews > The Troubles Keeper

The Troubles Keeper by Susan May

This a chillingly horrific thriller told from the alternating point of view of the killer and the hero. Being in the mind of the killer and seeing how he is tortured his victims was especially hideous. It was too easy to imagine the pain they experienced. In a movie you can look away and wait for the scene to be over. This book gave me the shivers.

The hero's paranormal ability is one I've never read before and found very imaginative. I like how Rory is so generous in sharing his gift with others to help them even though he suffers until he gets rid of the troubles he collected from everyone else. It was heartwarming to see how the lives of those he helped were improved. I like Mariana for being sweet and accepting. This is a fast paced story right up to the very end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Troubles Keeper.

September 13, 2016 – Shelved (ebook Edition)
September 13, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read (ebook Edition)
October 26, 2016 – Started Reading
October 26, 2016 – Shelved
October 26, 2016 –
10.0% "What a great story idea!!!"
October 29, 2016 –
26.0% "Yikes! That was chilling! Can I scream? I need to scream!!"
October 31, 2016 –
37.0% "Good thing I'm not a nail biter! Yikes!!"
October 31, 2016 –
37.0% "Like the Frank Sinatra reference and quote! : )"
November 2, 2016 –
November 4, 2016 –
48.0% "No! No! No! That's just not fair!! NOOOOOO!!!"
November 5, 2016 –
November 7, 2016 –
November 8, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan May Thank you. Not stalking, lol. Just happened to be here for a moment. Hope you enjoy the rest.

Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger) Hi Susan! Glad you saw this. Thank you for commenting. Hugs

message 3: by Yodamom (new)

Yodamom Oh no

Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger) Thank you, Haylee!! Hugs

message 5: by Lakshmi (new)

Lakshmi C Awesome review, Sue :) The killer's pov sounds creepy...

Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger) Thank you, Lakshmi! Yes, it was very, very creepy. EEEKK!! Hugs

message 7: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan May Sue (Rescue Dog Mom) wrote: "Thank you, Lakshmi! Yes, it was very, very creepy. EEEKK!! Hugs"

We are just starting on the Audible version and oh my goodness the narrator has the creepiest voice ever for the killer. I got chills.

Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger) Oh, my... I don't know if I could handle someone reading that to me... it was soooooo chilling!!!!!