Shonnie's Reviews > Night of Seduction/Heaven's Gate

Night of Seduction/Heaven's Gate by Iris Bolling

bookshelves: kindle-book

Night of Seduction/Heaven’s Gate
It has been a long, long while since I read a book that had me laughing, talking out loud to myself and simply grinning. I truly enjoyed these two stories. I started the book last night and read until I was delirious with sleep. I awoke in the early morning and continued to read until I finished. The characters were relatable as if I knew them and was a fly on the wall as the entire story unfolded.

The story reminded me of Waiting to Exhale, Terry McMillian’s book not in the subject matter but how the author was able to capture your attention and kept you coming back for more. I couldn’t put the book down for more than 5 minutes once I awoke the next morning. It was like being a teenager and reading “Waiting to Exhale” until the wee hours of the morning and taking the book to school because I just HAD to finish the book. Now I'm scared to read my next book because I feel like the authors won’t live up to the expectation that I received from reading Iris Bolling “Night of Seduction/Heaven’s Gate”.

The funny thing is I found this story by looking at the status of my Goodread friends and found this book. Usually I look at what everyone is reading and look at the book description to see if it’s interesting me. The description sounded different however I was intrigued enough to just see and I am so thankful I did.

This is a definite re-read. Like I can see me reading this several times. I’m even going to buy a copy to give to my non-Kindle friends (if it comes in regular book form). I can see my mother calling me to comment. :)I’m so happy. Now I gotta get to my workout that I put off and my studies.

Btw, I hope to read something on Jasmine, Kiki, Tyrone and Kiki’s brother. One can hope and wish right?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night of Seduction/Heaven's Gate.

June 25, 2011 – Started Reading
June 25, 2011 – Shelved
June 25, 2011 – Shelved as: kindle-book
June 25, 2011 –
31.0% "Wow, its been a while since I read a book that made me grin (smile). I'm happy and so far this book is getting all stars. I love when I don't wanna put the book down because I'm grinning and laughing and connecting with the characters. :P"
June 26, 2011 –
44.0% "I love the story but I'm almost to the 50% mark and I don't know if I can take 50% more drama. #imjussayin"
June 26, 2011 –
45.0% "I love these mothers (mommas). Makes me smile. This is a definite re-read (even if its only 50% of the book)."
June 26, 2011 –
50.0% "I'm at part two "Heaven's Gate". I just hope its better than part one. But I'm not sure that's possible because part one was AWESOME. Maybe I'm over exaggerating because I have read so many horrible to okay books that when I read an average I think its better than awesome. Not sure but I like the fact that I laugh and talk to myself while reading this book."
June 26, 2011 –
81.0% "I love Nana. This book has me laughing out loud and I can't put it down for more than 5 mins. I need to work out however that won't happen until I finish this book."
June 26, 2011 –
100.0% "It's been a long time since I read a GREAT story. It was so good, I have to go to my computer and type my review. Typing on my phone I may not truly convey how much I enjoyed this read."
June 26, 2011 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Shawnette I agree with this review...did NOT want to put it down...ENJOYED each and every character...hope there's a sequel in the making ;-)