Christina's Reviews > The Hunt

The Hunt by Harper A. Brooks

20680926
Oct 26, 2016

4 Stars - 3 Flames

Oh how I love me some shifters, but I think that this is the first time I've read about a crossover romance; Tigers and Panthers!!! Just a little helpful information before I start the review. Make sure you actually LOOK at the map at the beginning of the story. It really shows exactly where the Panthers and Tiger's live in proximity, as well as where the marketplace is in relation to their homes/forest.

Cara is a panther. A panther who, like the rest of her kind have been shunned down upon and exiled to the edge of the river to live, due to a five decade old tragedy. The food is scarce, the living conditions are harsh and she's been taking care of her family for seven years on her own. While trading a family heirloom for food, Cara is caught in the middle of the assassination of the Rei (King/Ruler of their lands). Immediately running for her life, she's faced with a decision in order to save her family.

Kael is a Tiger and the Prince to the assassinated King. He was also there when it happened, looked into the eyes of the person he thought was responsible and took off to kill in return. But when he finally caught up to the "assassin", he was struck by the beauty of Cara. While returning her to the prison, she makes accusations that he finds hard NOT to believe, causing him to doubt his own family and things he's been raised to believe.

Page after page, we learn more and more about the history of the lands and the truth behind the death of a beloved ruler, all while witnessing the love blossom between Kael and Cara. Of course there is also the need to be loved/accepted by family (Kael) and the fear of failure (Cara), but when they focus on each other, anything is possible.

I've never read this author before, and I have to say that I'm impressed and looking forward to the next installment. Please! Please, oh please be Corbin. Just sayin'....LOL

*I received this book from the Jeep Diva in exchange for my honest opinion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunt.

Started Reading
October 26, 2016 – Shelved
October 26, 2016 – Finished Reading

Harper Thank you for the review!

Christina Of course. Looking forward to the next.