Nicola Mansfield's Reviews > Thinner

Thinner by Richard Bachman

Oct 26, 2016

The last book written under the pseudonym "Richard Bachman". I don't know the story of when King actually was outed but he gives it away in this book. Compared to the other Bachman books, this one is very much a King book, using his writing style, stream of consciousness and themes. This is a re-read for me and while I knew the plot I had forgotten the details and found it a fast, page-turning read. One thing I'd forgotten was that two other people had been cursed along with William. The ending is typical King and reminds me of the ending of "Pet Sematary". It's obvious King knew this would be his last book as Bachman as he gives himself away not too far into the book. There is a conversation between two characters and to paraphrase it one says, "This is not a Stephen King book. This is reality." While the other replies with something along the lines of, "If things continue to go the way they are this will soon be a Stephen King novel." Not the best of the Bachman books but a good entry for King and I enjoyed it infinitely more than his last book, "The Talisman."
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thinner.

Started Reading