Teel's Reviews > The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

The Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Robert A. Heinlein

Jun 25, 2011

bookshelves: dystopia, borrowed

3.5 stars. I liked it better when it was summarized/told as background in The Cat Who Walked Through Walls, though that book is one of the worst I've read this year. Some of the same things I disliked about that one are here, though less severely (in some ways), and at least it didn't go totally off the rails in the third act! Definitely a disappointing last-few-pages, though I knew this bad and unexplained ending was coming, so it was less of a shock than in tCWWTW. Probably I'll avoid Heinlein in future, as I did prior to this year.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

June 25, 2011 – Started Reading
June 25, 2011 – Shelved
June 25, 2011 – Shelved as: dystopia
June 25, 2011 – Shelved as: borrowed
page 1
0.26% "Just learned this is in the same universe as The Cat Who Walked Through Walls, one of the two worst books I've read this year. Sigh. I may need to quit this one early; we'll see."
page 117
30.63% "So far, it's like I'm re-reading (or reading a continuation of) the first/second parts of The Cat Who Walked Through Walls. In fact, this whole book seems to have been told in that one, as background. Am I wasting my time?"
page 219
57.33% "...hasn't gone off the rails, yet..."
June 26, 2011 – Finished Reading