The Book Junkie Reads . . .'s Reviews > Spells and Sorcery

Spells and Sorcery by S. Usher Evans

Lexie was turning fifteen and she was not your typical teen. She loved watching documentaries. She did not love Twitter/Facebook, social media or was she a reality tv horder. She was not overly popular, fashion concise or other girly type minded. She was however awkward and confused. She was the perfect character for me to fall in love with.

I enjoyed Lexie and her trails and errors of learning how she really was, what she could do, and how to cope with it all. I just think that I loved Marie more. I was finding myself wanting more of Marie and her sassy. Sisters have a way of upstaging you at every turn. Even when they are not suppose to.

I did not find the story original but I did like the way things just spinned for Lexie. She has a lot of growing and learning to do and with help and guidance this be good for her. Watching her evolve can be entertaining and accepting. I would like to see where Lexie go from her do she learn to harness her gift. How does she learn? What friends she make along the way? What obstacles will be presented to her along the way?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spells and Sorcery.

September 1, 2016 – Started Reading