I'd So Rather Be Reading {Nat}'s Reviews > Beautiful Days

Beautiful Days by Anna Godbersen

F 50x66
Jun 24, 2011

Read from October 11 to 15, 2011

What a treat! I loved Beautiful Days just as much as Bright Young Things, the first in the series. There is something about Anna Godbersen's writing. Maybe it's the historical element to her books, or the way she describes everything so that you feel like you're actually there, but her books are so engrossing. I think a big part of the appeal of Godbersen's writing is how she makes me care about characters whom I don't really like. I have never been a big fan of Astrid--she seems vapid. Spoiled rotten. Careless. But, I started to really care about her and hoped for the best for her. I really think it was because of the way Godbersen wrote her story.

I liked Cordelia just as much as I did in the first book. Letty too. I liked that they were small-town girls who came to New York to follow their dreams. I liked that they don't exactly get everything they want, but they learn to make their own happiness.

I thought that Beautiful Days was a little bit of a slow starter, but about halfway through the book I got so into the story that I could not put it down. I enjoyed it even more than Bright Young Things, and recommend this series to anyone. I have yet to read any "duds" from Anna Godbersen!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Days.