Aswin's Reviews > Skyfire

Skyfire by Aroon Raman

20531178
Oct 25, 2016

liked it

TL/DR: The first Aroon Raman book I've read. And I'm going to read the others.

The book started off with two very different issues - child trafficking & weather manipulation - and managed to tie them up well. A well told story in all, with none of the characters resorting to superhuman stunts - keeping the action sequences believable. The plot & story direction was quite predictable from the initial chapters, but it was still fun to read.

Despite the book being a part of a series involving the lead characters, the author has ensured that it's a fine standalone read on its own - which is great. Bringing in a character from the previous book (Shadow Throne), explaining who he is & not including him in the rest of the book was weird.

The occasional Hindi kept reminding me that this was a local novel. If not for some typos & incorrect phrasing, it'd have been a complete immersive experience.

Spoiler:
(view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skyfire.

October 23, 2016 – Started Reading
October 25, 2016 – Shelved
October 25, 2016 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Aroon (new)

Aroon Raman Thanks Aswin, for this perceptive review. I've tried to make this a good standalone - though characters from the first adventure feature in this too. Glad you enjoyed it. Have noted some of the points you made and will seek to address them going forward in what will be hopefully another adventure of CMH! Thanks much and request you put up a brief review on Amazon Skyfire page if possible.

Aswin Whoa, thank you. Will definitely do that.