Nicola's Reviews > Lessons in Gravity

Lessons in Gravity by Megan Westfield

Oct 25, 2016

When it comes to a daredevil I am like a bee round a honeypot and Lessons in Gravity brings us fearless rock climber, Josh Knox.

description

This is a superb debut from Megan Westfield and she delivers a character driven story which gathers pace as the storyline progresses. The blurb is what sold this to me so there's no need for me to repeat the plot, but what I will say is that Josh and April were great characters who have been through some tough times in their lives that has left them with a vulnerable side. April brings out the very best in Josh; around her he lets his barriers down and proves that what you see isn't always what you get, however for April, irrespective of her strong feelings for Josh, her insecurities and fears are heightened the deeper she falls.

"...she would never—not ever—fall for a guy who risked his life for a living."

This is a fairly slow-burn romance, which is fitting of the couple and their circumstances and it is pretty much closed-door in terms of intimacy, so if you're looking for a sex-fuelled NA read, then this isn't that. But what it lacks in passion, it makes up for in emotion and story detail, and Josh and April do bring intimacy in terms of their developing feelings and vulnerabilities, and when an author can hold a lengthy romance together without it, then that to me is testament to their skill.

description

With a great cast of secondary characters each adding value and depth, by the time I had flicked the final page I was ready to scale the rock-faces of Yosemite which, for someone who is only capable of climbing the stairs, is impressive. Megan Westfield is definitely an author I'll be reading again in the future.

Copy received courtesy of Entamgled Publishing via NetGalley for an honest and unbiased opinion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lessons in Gravity.

October 25, 2016 – Started Reading
October 25, 2016 – Shelved
October 25, 2016 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Karla (new)

Karla Wonderful review, lovely! xx

message 2: by DW (new)

DW Great review, Nicola!! ;)

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• Fab review, sweets! xx

message 4: by Jessica's (new)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Great review sweetie :)

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Excellent Review! :D

message 6: by Candace (new)

Candace Fantastic review, Nicola! :)

Nicola Karla wrote: "Wonderful review, lovely! xx"

DW wrote: "Great review, Nicola!! ;)"

Jenny wrote: "Fab review, sweets! xx"

Jessica's wrote: "Great review sweetie :)"

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) wrote: "Excellent Review! :D"

Candace wrote: "Fantastic review, Nicola! :)"

Thanks, lovelies <3

message 8: by Judith (new)

Judith Great review,sweetheart,x

message 9: by Coco.V (new)

Coco.V Amazing review, darling! :) xoxo

Nicola Judith wrote: "Great review,sweetheart,x"

Coco.V wrote: "Amazing review, darling! :) xoxo"

Thanks, ladies <3

Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️ Brilliant review Nicola!

message 12: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Fantastic review my friend! :D

Nicola Danielle wrote: "Brilliant review Nicola!"

Thanks, Danielle x

Nicola Elizabeth wrote: "Fantastic review my friend! :D"