Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)'s Reviews > Lafcadio Hearn's "The Faceless Ghost" and Other Macabre Tales from Japan: A Graphic Novel

Lafcadio Hearn's "The Faceless Ghost" and Other Macabre Tales... by Sean Michael Wilson

Nov 21, 2016

bookshelves: october-scare-fest-2016, japanese-folklore, asian-culture, asian-folklore, asian-setting, classic-horror, library-checkout, graphic-novel-comic-book
Recommended for: Classic horror/eerie folktales fans/Japanese folklore

Beautiful art with eerie storytelling. I wish this was a series. I would so keep reading these. I still intend to read the original stories, but this was great as a visual format to some great classic horror I hadn't yet got around to reading except for one very scary story by Hearn I read in an anthology. If you like Japanese horror movies, check out the source material.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lafcadio Hearn's "The Faceless Ghost" and Other Macabre Tales from Japan.

October 24, 2016 – Started Reading
November 21, 2016 – Shelved as: asian-setting
November 21, 2016 – Shelved as: classic-horror
November 21, 2016 – Shelved as: library-checkout
November 21, 2016 – Shelved as: graphic-novel-comic-book

Sean Wilson H daniellei, I am the writer of this visual version, thanks for your nice review. I am hoping that the publisher may agree to do a volume 2 in the series this year!

Meanwhile, please check out some of our other adaptions of Japanese classics and history - we have done 13 now! Such as ‘The 47 Ronin’ or the book about to come out in March, ’The Satsuma Rebellion’

Thanks, Sean

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) Sean wrote: "H daniellei, I am the writer of this visual version, thanks for your nice review. I am hoping that the publisher may agree to do a volume 2 in the series this year!

Meanwhile, please check out som..."

Thanks, Sean.