Elizabeth Galit's Reviews > Make Your Book: The Author's & Writer's Workbook

Make Your Book by Alexis Aronis

Oct 24, 2016

I am a published author, and I should say that Aronis' book is a very generous offer to those writers who also want their works to get published. Getting in to traditional publishing (publishing your book through publishing companies) can be very challenging, not to mention the contracts that bind you and your book with them. Self-publishing is your other option, which is also a bit complicated, unless you have read this book.

MAKE YOUR BOOK provides a complete guide for your road to publication. From the ideal size of your hard print book to how you make it look nice both in hard print and in digital, as well as the importance of book reviews are well described in the book. I just released my first self-published novel, and trust me - it wasn't easy. But then again, had I read Aronis' book before that, I most probably wouldn't have to go through those late night musings on how to get my book done and hand it to my readers.

One of the things I like about this book is that, it also presents examples of books (and these are books that are actually in your bookshelves) which are analyzed and evaluated in order to prove that the author's recommendations are guaranteed to work. There were also graphs and charts that would make you understand further what the author tries to point out, and for a moment I wondered if it would be better if there's some audio or voice over for them so I could feel like I am in a lecture hall.

Also, I have learned not only about the importance of book reviews, but also the technicalities that lie with them. When to use them? How to use them? How can they make or break my work? These questions were answered, though not directly, by the book.

If you are a writer and you already have a finished manuscript but have no idea on what to do next, I suggest you read this book. It will definitely give you an ultimate guide on how to make your story available and ready to meet your readers.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Make Your Book.

Finished Reading