Suze Lavender's Reviews > Lessons in Gravity

Lessons in Gravity by Megan Westfield

Oct 24, 2016

April has found a dream internship. She'll film climbers on the Sorcerer Spire in Yosemite. This means she has to camp for several months. April is not used to sleeping in a tent and not having a good shower whenever she wants. She's nervous at first, but she soon discovers that climbing can be fun and this is a big step in the right direction for her career. Josh is one of the climbers April has to interview. He's daring and reckless and he wants to climb the mountain without a rope, which is the finale they're all working towards.

April's father was killed in a plane crash and April watched it happen. Ever since she'd been determined never to love a man who risks his life on a daily basis. She can't help but falling for Josh though. There's another problem, she isn't allowed to date him. It's in her contract and April can get fired if she does. There are so many risks and dangers, but Josh's attractiveness and charm keep drawing her in. Is April ready to close her eyes and take that leap to do what she wants the most or will she play it safe forever?

Lessons in Gravity is a wonderful romantic story. I immediately loved April. She's been through a lot, but she doesn't let anything knock her down and she fights for her future. She's on her way to be a successful documentary maker and she's using all of her talents and skills to get there. I loved to read about her work and the way she approaches Josh is sweet and caring. Josh is vulnerable. He's a kind and soulful guy, but initially he's inflexible and stiff to deal with. He's endearing and I loved the way Megan Westfield describes the incredible attraction between her main characters. She intertwines it with a deep emotional connection, which is a beautiful combination.

I loved that Megan Westfield has written a story about climbing. She perfectly phrases the suspense, the nerves, the exhilarating feeling the success brings, the camaraderie and the seriousness of the work everybody's doing. I loved learning from Lessons in Gravity and enjoyed every sentence about rock climbing. The fabulous love story makes the experience complete and definitely worthwhile. I loved the wide range of emotions Megan Westfield manages to capture. The setting is fantastic as well and I liked the way it's being combined with the behind the scenes information of the documentary and the achievements of the climbers. I admired how each movement has purpose. Lessons in Gravity is a meaningful and breathtaking story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lessons in Gravity.

Started Reading
October 1, 2016 – Finished Reading
October 24, 2016 – Shelved

message 1: by Natalia (new)

Natalia Iwanyckyj Thanks for reviewing. Going on my TBR list. I took up rock climbing (safely indoors for now) at 46. It will be fun to learn more through a good story.

Suze Lavender Thanks for your nice comment, I bet it's a lot of fun to learn how to climb. Then stories about this topic will be even better to read.