Lucia's Reviews > Lessons in Gravity

Lessons in Gravity by Megan Westfield

Unique romance set-up using a rock-climbing theme but also deals with some sensitive issues.

Lessons in Gravity was my first book by Megan Westfield so I had no idea what to expect but I overall enjoyed this book. Lessons in Gravity is a clean type of contemporary romance that had plenty of emotion mixed into this unique setup based around rock climbing.

April and Josh had a sweet connection as their relationship evolved, although it builds at a relatively slow going pace. Both characters were likeable and the two complimented each other perfectly as they opened up to each other and grew closer, something that as a reader you could really feel the emotion. There was plenty of tension and drama mixed in with the budding romance that has to be gone through before they can get a HEA.

Lessons in Gravity was executed with good writing and had a unique plot that keeps you interested enough, despite the slow pace of the relationship development of the characters. In terms of the rock climbing details, I can’t comment on the accuracy as I have no knowledge of the area but seemed ok to a novice like me and I could follow along no problem. The author captured good descriptions of their location and environment where you could easily envision what was playing out in the scene. Also, some of the emotional issues raised were handled well with sensitivity. Lessons in Gravity can be read as a standalone with a HEA.

Overall, I enjoyed this book for something different.

*I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book from Entangled Publishing via NetGalley. I was not compensated for my review, and I was not required to write a positive review. The opinion expressed here is my own.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lessons in Gravity.

October 22, 2016 – Started Reading