Kai (Quartzfeather)'s Reviews > Once and for All

Once and for All by Sarah Dessen

Jul 05, 2017

liked it

Once and for All has definitely gotten me back into the audiobook mood (well, it could be all the coding I've been doing lately....) but either way, it's been awhile since I finished a book this quickly....

I've been a faithful Dessen reader ever since I first encountered her Lock & Key, and so, I knew I was gonna have to read Once and for All the second it was announced.

I didn't quite like this one as much as I'd hoped to. Me and Louna got along great, I could really relate to her doubts about HEAs, though the reasons behind my doubts are completely different, and I really enjoyed the wedding planner aspect. I've never been to wedding myself, though I've always thought planning one would be fun, and Natalie and William, the two planners, are very entertaining.

Ambrose though, is a different story... Like Louna, he annoyed the hell out of me at first. He was basically a living, walking combination of all my pet peeves, but he did end up kinda growing on me eventually. However, despite all this, I never really cared too much about him, and that kinda ruined one of the book's major plot lines for me.

Once and for All doesn't do much for the ginormous lack of diversity in Dessen's books, though this time around, there were many POC side characters and one, more prominent, gay character.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once and for All.

October 23, 2016 – Shelved