Jilly's Reviews > Silence Fallen

Silence Fallen by Patricia Briggs

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, vampires, werewolves-and-other-furry-shifters, favorites, faeries-fae

Mercy plays Flat Stanley in this book. She is kidnapped and traveling around with only minor check-ins here and there.

Flat Stanley was ready for a break and happy that Mercy decided to take his place for a while.

Adam has alternating POV's with Mercy and he has set-up a super-team to go and retrieve her. There is one witch - Elizaveta; two vamps - Marcilia and Stefan (Yay, Stefan!! I heart him!); two goblins - the goblin king and the pilot; and three werewolves - Adam, Honey, and the co-pilot named Matt Smith, but he's not a doctor. Keep an eye on Matt Smith.

After Mercy's escape from her first kidnapping from Marcilia's ex-vamp king, Marcilia finds a new appreciation for Mercy:

"He will be furious," said Marsilia. She smiled.."Somehow, when she is destroying other people's carefully laid plans, she is not so annoying."

This book had tons of action, lots of Mercy doing awesome things, plenty of bloodshed, and some very up close and personal with Adam. Everyone loves Adam. I almost fell out of love for him when this happened:

"he isn't," agreed Adam pleasantly, dumping ketchup on his eggs..

Ketchup on eggs, Adam?

He found out that a crazy person was going to use him on eggs. It was a reasonable response.

But, luckily, Adam redeemed himself with this:

"My love," he said, his voice intent, "you are welcome to all that I am, all that I have. I would destroy the planet for you."

Hand that man the ketchup!

I want a man to destroy the planet for me! And, I'm NOT counting you not recycling your water bottles, husband!! That's going to take too long.

So, read this book. Now. You will be happy and then I want you to come over here and thank me. Sure, I had nothing to do with the writing, publishing, or distribution of this book, but I just like to be thanked. It's the next best thing you can do for me aside from destroying the planet.

Those of you who have read this, I am totally wondering what you think about this:
(view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silence Fallen.

October 23, 2016 – Shelved
March 13, 2017 – Shelved as: werewolves-and-other-furry-shifters
March 13, 2017 – Shelved as: favorites
March 13, 2017 – Shelved as: faeries-fae
March 13, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)

Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom* First of all, thank you Jilly. If I didn't want to read this series, now it's a must. See? I didn't even destroy the planet ;P And second, you are one funny lady, I haven't said that to you recently. Great review!

Jilly Thank you, Sleepless!
You don't even have to destroy the planet for me to love you! ;)

message 3: by Candace (new)

Candace Great review, Jilly! :)

Jilly Thanks, Candace! :)

Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom* Jilly wrote: "Thank you, Sleepless!
You don't even have to destroy the planet for me to love you! ;)"

Love you too, my friend ))

message 6: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Martin Great review Jilly. I just finished it and loved it as I do all of the Mercy Thompson series. I love that Mercy is slowly beginning to understand more of her own magic and and that while Adam is the strong male archetype, their relationship while not always equal, is balanced. Their strengths and weaknesses alternate with each other. It's refreshing to see that in any book but particularly in urban fantasy. There also is for me, the exact right amount of humor.

Jilly I agree, Dee. I can't wait to see where it goes with Mercy learning more about her magic.

Kelly (and the Book Boar) Who doesn't put ketchup (or preferably salsa) on their eggs?????? #poorwhitetrash

Jilly Lol, Kelly! I will allow salsa. In Texas, we allow salsa on anything and everything. ;D

Sarah ketchup on egg people. sigh. well. if it's good enough for people i love in real life....i guess it's ok for adam :-D

Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽ What a fun review, Jilly!

Re your spoiler: I don't think he knew. I was mulling it over afterwards and (view spoiler). But I'm willing to roll with it.

Jilly Sarah wrote: "ketchup on egg people. sigh. well. if it's good enough for people i love in real life....i guess it's ok for adam :-D"

No, Sarah! Don't excuse them! They'll never learn that way! ;)

message 13: by Jilly (last edited Feb 09, 2018 09:09PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jilly Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽ wrote: "What a fun review, Jilly!

Re your spoiler: I don't think he knew. I was mulling it over afterwards and [spoilers removed]. But I'm willing to roll with it."

Tadiana,
(view spoiler)

message 14: by Sana (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sana Zameer " I just like to be thanked."

Thank you Jilly for always writing awesome reviews!

Jilly Sana wrote: "" I just like to be thanked."

Thank you Jilly for always writing awesome reviews!"

And THANK YOU, Sana for answering my shameless plea for recognition for something I didn't do. :D

Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽ By the way, Jilly, regarding the spoilery discussion we were having a year ago upthread: (view spoiler) Continuity fail!!

Jilly Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽ wrote: "By the way, Jilly, regarding the spoilery discussion we were having a year ago upthread: [spoilers removed] Continuity fail!!"

Interesting! But, I agree with what you said upthread. It seems almost impossible that they hadn't met ever. Plus: (view spoiler)

Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽ (view spoiler)

Now I feel like I have to go back and read these books again. Oh noes!

Jilly Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽ wrote: "[spoilers removed]

Now I feel like I have to go back and read these books again. Oh noes!"

huh... I don't know. He has abilities and (view spoiler) so I guess it's possible. But, Adam never seemed surprised.
I guess there are worse fates than rereading the series! :D
I reread the whole thing last year, but I wasn't looking out for anything specific.

message 20: by Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽ (last edited Apr 17, 2019 10:35PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽ So last night I was rereading this book, just because, and paying particular attention to the Matt bits because of our discussion in this thread. And it dawned on me: (view spoiler)

So in other words, I’ve come around on this and agree with your comments in the spoiler in message 17. 😁

Jilly Yeah, for sure. (view spoiler) I agree about the fairy dust! ;)