Amy C.'s Reviews > Betsy-Tacy

Betsy-Tacy by Maud Hart Lovelace

bookshelves: read-alouds-to-kids
Recommended to Amy by: Melissa Wiley
Read 4 times. Last read June 23, 2011 to July 1, 2011.

A beautiful, perfect book. I'm rereading it to the girls right now (the first time for the 5yo) and their giggles are delicious. I never read these books as a kid, and I'm so glad to be sharing them with my daughters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Betsy-Tacy.

June 23, 2011 – Started Reading
June 23, 2011 – Shelved
June 23, 2011 – Shelved as: read-alouds-to-kids
July 1, 2011 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

Meredith Henning It doesn't get much better that Betsy-Tacy. They are ALL so good, enjoy them all!!!

Meredith Henning You HAVE to have to get the audio version too, it's SO good and equally delicious to listen to on cd :)

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy C. Ooooh, good tip! We always love audiobooks, but I'm especially fond of them right now . . . I'm newly pregnant and at the bone-tired stage where I fall asleep every time I try to read aloud. So I'm sure the girls would appreciate a more, um, hardy reader. I'll check this out!

Meredith Henning Amy wrote: "Ooooh, good tip! We always love audiobooks, but I'm especially fond of them right now . . . I'm newly pregnant and at the bone-tired stage where I fall asleep every time I try to read aloud. So I'm..." Oh Amy, that's so exciting, you probably mentioned this on your blog and I'm SO terribly behind on blog reading this summer, too much baseball, lol!! Well, by all means, get the audios, they are so worth it!!

Other favorites of ours are: My Father's Dragon, Mouse & the Motorcycle, Animals Tales (narrated by Jim Weiss, so good) and tons of others, let me know if you want more ideas :) Congrats again and hope you're feeling good or that you will soon :)

message 5: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy C. Meredith, thanks for the good wishes! And no guilt . . . I haven't mentioned on any other public spaces that I'm expecting . . . And I don't have a blog to catch up on! In any case, I'm grateful for the warm thoughts AND all the great audio suggestions. Off to check the library catalog!