Book Chick (Tori)'s Reviews > Heart on the Line

Heart on the Line by Karen Witemeyer

There's a reason I pre-order all books, unread, written by Karen Witemeyer. I have yet to read a book by her that I didn't thoroughly enjoy!! I've read No Other Will Do and the novella, Worth the Wait, both featured in the female-run town, Harper Station. This was the 2nd full length novel set in the same town. The ladies of Harper Station each have their own story of why they have searched out an all-gal town. Grace is no different. She has been in hiding since her father was murdered right in front of her. She works as the telegraph operator in Harper Station, where she has made some amazing friends. She has one chat friend, Amos, who she has never met in person, but has grown to know and admire via telegraph. (Picture "online dating" 1800's style...)
When those who have been tracking Grace find where she's been hiding, Amos drops everything to come to her rescue. Y'all, Amos is the cutest. He's not the tough, burly, hot ranchhand or lawman. He's not a big guy, not real athletic, but what he lacks in brawn, he makes up for in heart. Grace, she was brave and feisty. I admired her fight!
This book has it all: romance, mystery, wit... We also get to see Emma and Malachi, Tori and Ben, and all the ladies of Harper Station we've grown to love!! Even Helen- the biggest anti-man woman in town, does her best to help the opposite sex. <3 So, my advice to you is to pre-order this book as well. Your personal library needs it. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heart on the Line.

October 22, 2016 – Shelved
October 22, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
March 30, 2017 – Started Reading
April 1, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Stacey After reading the excerpt of this book at the end of the worth the wait novella I can't wait to read this one!

Book Chick (Tori) Stacey wrote: "After reading the excerpt of this book at the end of the worth the wait novella I can't wait to read this one!"

I've already preordered it! I'm excited!!

message 3: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy * Bookworm Nation I'm the same, I love Karen's books!!