orangerful's Reviews > Labyrinth Lost

Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Córdova

Dec 16, 2016

bookshelves: youngadult, fantasy, folklore

Goodreads says this is a series, but it does NOT end on a giant cliffhanger, thank goodness! I started to slow down in my reading when I saw the "Brooklyn Brujas #1" in the record. I'm so tired of series.

Alejandra comes from a family of brujas, powerful witches that live in our world. But she isn't sure she wants to embrace that side of her. But her Deathday celebration is approaching, a ritual that will bind her powers to her for ever. Alex must decide if she wants to stay a bruja, like her mother and aunt and sisters - or just be a normal girl.

This book is a great blend of magic and Mexican folklore. I think it would be a great read for teens who read Harry Potter when they were younger and want more magical people living in our world stories. Lots of adventure, a bit of romance, and real characters from Mexican folklore. The author even included notes in the back of the book to let the reader know which magical creatures are part of established myth.

If there are more adventures of the Brooklyn Brujas, I will definitely pick them up! But I am glad that Alex's story was wrapped up at the end of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Labyrinth Lost.

October 21, 2016 – Shelved
October 21, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
November 12, 2016 – Started Reading
November 22, 2016 –
page 78
24.07% "Loving this so far, great for older teens and adults that loved Harry Potter and want more stories of magical people living in our world."
December 1, 2016 –
page 100
December 16, 2016 – Shelved as: youngadult
December 16, 2016 – Shelved as: fantasy
December 16, 2016 – Shelved as: folklore
December 16, 2016 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Skye (new) - added it

Skye Kilaen It's waiting in my Kindle, you've made me more excited to dig in!