Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin's Reviews > Red as Blood and White as Bone

Red as Blood and White as Bone by Theodora Goss

Oct 21, 2016

bookshelves: tor-free-shorts

This was a lovely story! OMG! Okay, honestly I wasn't happy with the situation but it all came out in the end sort of . . .

Klara was given to the sister of St. Margarete when she was young. Her mother had died and her father didn't know what to do with a newborn baby. One day when she was a little older a man told her about fairy tales and gave her a book. From then on she loved fairy tales.

When she was 12 she was sent to train as a servant to Baron Orso Kalman. Klara didn't have it too good there in my opinion but those were the days. One night Klara found a woman on the doorstep. She was naked and had long beautiful black hair that covered her like a cloak. Klara just knew that she was a princess and wanted to help her. Klara's princess worked with her in the kitchens for a while until they had a big ball. Then things take a turn (for the better if you ask me). I can't tell you what happens but it was awesome.

I was sad at what happened near the end.

Later on Klara left and went on to do other things, but she never forgot her fairy tales.

You can read a copy of this short story on Tor.com. Here's a link:

FREE STORY

MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Red as Blood and White as Bone.

October 21, 2016 – Started Reading
October 21, 2016 – Shelved
October 21, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
October 21, 2016 – Shelved as: tor-free-shorts
October 21, 2016 – Finished Reading

Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger) Wonderful review Melissa. Thank you for the link.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you so much, Sue and your very welcome :-) ❤

message 3: by Pearl (new)

Pearl Angeli Lovely quick review, Melissa! :)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you sweetheart :-)

message 5: by Candace (new) - added it

Candace Terrific review, Melissa! Another one for my TBR list. :)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you hon! And it's short and free :-D

message 7: by Christine (new)

Christine Ooh, I may have to take a look, Mel! Where do you come up with this stuff?