AnnMarie's Reviews > Beautiful Crazy

Beautiful Crazy by Kasey Lane

Beautiful Crazy is the first book in the 'Rock n' Ink' series, and unbelievably the debut novel of author Kasey Lane. I say unbelievably, because, it was amazingly good. Let me start by saying that I am not a heavy metal fan, I have one small tattoo, and I don't normally like to read books that are full of swear words. That said, this book included all those things, and yet I absolutely loved every minute of it.

The story is about Kevan Landry. She owns and runs a very small promotions business, and to make ends meet she also works in a tattoo studio. Her brother recently hit rock bottom with his drug and alcohol addiction and has gone into rehab. Rehab which Kevan has to pay for and which she has no idea how she is going to be able to afford. She does know that if she signs up an up and coming band that she knows, then when they hit the big time, her promotion work will definitely help pay the bills. She just needs to convince their manager Joe that she is the best thing he could do for the band.

Unfortunately she finds out that she has competition. A big promotions company has spotted the band's talent too, and have approached Joe with an offer. Joe has known Kevan for a long time and she is great friends with the band members, she also knows her stuff when it comes to their type of music. He really would like to give her the job, but at the same time realises that perhaps a big company promoting the band might be better for their futures. So he decides the best thing to do is to take both applicants on tour with the band for two weeks and see who can do the best promoting work on the spot as it were.

Mason Dillon is the CEO of the big music promoters that are in competition with Kevan. He needs to sign the band in order to keep his job. He is a fair fighter though and promises Kevan that he won't do anything underhanded in order to win the job. If he wins it, it will be fair and square.

One big problem for both of them is that they have the hots for each other in a big way. I mean sparks fly. They are quite happy to have wild passionate sex, but neither of them are willing to give anything else. Kevan has been hurt in love before and has promised herself won't fall in love with a 'suit' again, which Mason is definitely one. As for him, well he too has been hurt in love, and only wants casual affairs because he doesn't want a cold marriage like his parents have.

Can the two of them prevent falling in love with each other, and if they do, how will the one take the news that they haven't got the job with the band? How can they even think of a future together with so much going against them?

This book was way out of my comfort zone for reading. I'm more a love of the historical romance genre. The storyline of this book grabbed my attention though, and I loved the cover. I really wasn't sure that I would like the book so was thrilled when I found out that I did. The story was so enthralling that I couldn't get to the end fast enough to find out what happened, who got the job, and if Kevan and Mason got together. The setting for most of the story was on the road with the band, and I loved reading about all the promo work they did, and all about the band, the music, the relationships. Just everything. So I went from worrying about reading the book to longing for the next one in the series to be released! As I said at the start of this review, I am amazed this is a debut novel!

If you don't mind reading about hot steamy sex, and a lot of swearing amongst what is a fantastic, gripping story, then this is the perfect book for you which I totally recommend.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Readers Copy of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Crazy.

October 21, 2016 – Shelved