Tina's Reviews > Eliza and Her Monsters

Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia

Oct 21, 2016

bookshelves: 2017-favorites

[edit, 05/10/17] - Eliza and Her Monsters is being released at the end of this month, and you all should read this book.

This wonderful novel got a starred review from Kirkus, Publisher's Weekly, Booklist, and School Library Journal. Eliza is perfect for fans of Made You Up (+ Fangirl and Afterworlds), and dudes, you are all getting a free story from Chessie, The Children of Hypnos, which is mentioned in Eliza. (It's not like Carry On in Fangirl - Carry On would be like Monstrous Sea, which is what the MC, Eliza, writes. The Children of Hypnos is a book series that the MC, Eliza, likes and fangirls about, with other folks).

If none of what I wrote below or above appeals to you, try reading the first two chapters, which have been posted online. Tryyyyyyy it. You won't regret it.

I'm going to write more next week on why I love this book!

I read a manuscript of this book about one year ago to date. If you like Made You Up, you will most certainly love Eliza! Chessie brings back her trademark endearing humor in another wonderful mix of adorable romance, quirky characters, and multilayered plotting (plus the cool formatting here, which is typically reserved for YA horror, but hey, Eliza is just that awesome). I would also recommend this book to fans of Fangirl and Afterworlds.

More later.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eliza and Her Monsters.