Zoë's Reviews > Murder on the Orient Express

Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie

This was my first Agatha Christie novel and it definitely did not disappoint! I was not expecting that ending, which is obviously a good thing in a murder mystery story, but I am proud of myself for picking up on some other clues. I am so impressed by how she was able to weave this intricate of a story in only 200 pages and I can't wait to pick up another one of her novels in the future!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder on the Orient Express.

October 20, 2016 – Started Reading
October 20, 2016 – Shelved
October 21, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)

message 1: by Kristy (new)

Kristy That's a good one! You should check out And Then There Were None. It is by far my favorite of her works, and one of my favorite books of all time!

Subiksha Yeahhh....And Then There Were None is the best!!!!...I loved that book soo much!!!

Gonczol Noemi You should definetly read And then there were none. It's my fave

MyMidnightLibrary Probably my favorite book of hers, glad you loved it!!:)

Nuri Omg I finished the same book yesterday!!

Zoë Gonczol wrote: "You should definetly read And then there were none. It's my fave"

Subiksha wrote: "Yeahhh....And Then There Were None is the best!!!!...I loved that book soo much!!!"

Kristy wrote: "That's a good one! You should check out And Then There Were None. It is by far my favorite of her works, and one of my favorite books of all time!"

I'll definitely read that one next since you all love it! Thanks :D

Sara Agatha Christie is my favorite.

Elena Shalevska And then there were none is just as good if not better :) You should definitely give it a go!

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Awesome! I have And Then There Were None on my TBR shelf. I bought this book from BookOutlet a couple days ago. Now that I've read your thoughts, I'm excited to pick it up!!!

Sarah Jane I recommend The Murder of Roger Ackroyd, Five Little Pigs, Sad Cypress, Hallowe'en Party, Third Girl, Death on the Nile, The Mysterious Affair at Styles, Three Act Tragedy, And Then There Were None, and Crooked House. They're all very good.

Lauren Zoë, would you say you could start the series with this book? Will the characters make sense? I'm not sure I want to read 1-9 but I do want to read this one, especially because it's going to become a movie next year.

George Jankovic Nice review Zoe! This is one of my favorite Agatha Christie books. The cool thing is that they are all so different.

James One of my favorite... glad to see it here... lots of other favorites on your read list too. Nice to e-meet you!

message 14: by Gary (new) - added it

Gary Sundell A great novel. Of course there is a tremendous movie version with Albert Finney as Poirot.

Rahul You should also read " and then there were none" you will be Stunned.

message 16: by Yara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yara Khalid This one was my first one from her too !! I was very hesitated to buy her books bc my mom is a huge fan of her and my dad didn't like her as much ( my taste is like him ) but somehow he recommended this to me and I knew I would like it... I wasn't disappointed ❤️❤️

Rebecca Joyner This was My First Agatha Christie Novel Too!

message 18: by Bern (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bern I see that this is your 1st AC book...it will be for me too. I was just wondering as it says its book #10 can you read this as a stand alone? Just wondering as i see the movie is coming out! And would love to read if your not missing out on anything to read as stand alone....thanks Zoe :)

Sarah Jane Bern, you can definitely read this as a standalone book, without a doubt. Mostly the characters in each book are completely different from characters in her other books - the only ones who are in all/most Poirot books are Hercule Poirot, the detective, Captain Arthur Hastings, the Dr. Watson character, Chief Inspector Japp, and Miss Lemon, Poirot's secretary.

message 20: by Bern (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bern Thanks so much Sarah Jane! I will get onto it then just in time for the movie :)

Sarah Jane wrote: "Bern, you can definitely read this as a standalone book, without a doubt. Mostly the characters in each book are completely different from characters in her other books - the only ones who are in a..."

Debra Petersen Just finished reading it myself and I loved it! You should try the audiobook versions that are narrated by Dan Stevens (Downton Abbey, Beauty and the Beast). He does an amazing job!

Glitched_Twilight The book isn't too bad right? I hope I can read it soon enough. I watch the movie for one thing.

Glitched_Twilight Zoë, maybe you should read Murder on the Nile, that is the sequel.