Joanna's Reviews > Destiny Kills

Destiny Kills by Keri Arthur

Jun 23, 2011

it was ok

I loved Arthur's Riley Jensen series, so I figured I'd give this series a try and see if I fell for this one the same as the other, I didn't.

I really liked the beginning of this book. I liked the originality. I liked her writing. What I didn't like, what forced me to rate this two stars was the love story between Destiny and (view spoiler)...can't be bothered to remember his name. I absolutely hate the "instant attraction equates to love at first site" blah blah blah mumbo jumbo bull shit. I can't stomach it. I hate it. I loathe it. And it was such a huge central point to this story that I sort of lost the rest or I couldn't manage to focus on anything else as I was forced to swallow the crap. It just doesn't compute in my brain.

All in all, this story was "cute" with the lovey, fluffy stuff that makes me fast forward through most chick flicks or roll my eyes until I get a migraine.

Another dissapointment, that although this is considered a series, it is a series that revolves around different characters for each book. Not one of my favorite types of series to read. I felt like I didn't get enough of the main characters in this one, or their lives, and already I'm whisked off to some other place in the next.

Booooo. 2 thumbs down.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Destiny Kills.