Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic's Reviews > Rebirth

Rebirth by Belle Aurora

bookshelves: arc, adult

ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Review also posted at Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic

RAW: Rebirth is LIVE! Get your copy on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MHFZVCC/...

Raw: Rebirth is one of my most anticipated series finale and it's been a LONG wait. Even longer for others who've read this book in year 2014 and the previous book, Dirty made us crave more for this (should I say DYING to get our hands on this book). Before I proceed with my full review, I tried my best to make it vague and I apologize in advance if I ever did unconsciously. I wrote what pops in my head and rave. I've warned you.

Things I tried not to do while reading Raw: Rebirth but FAILED:
1. Scream
2. Emotional
3. Swoon
4. Mad
5. Stress out (both good and bad)

My hands shook from excitement as soon as I synchronize my eReader and saw this title and put down ALL my current reads. My oh my, this book drove me into a roller coaster of emotions and I was holding on to dear life. To think it's tamer compared to the two previous books but Ms. Aurora maintained the intensity. It's balanced and I love it. It's also told in multiple point of views introducing us to new characters which added subplots. No worries because they're still interconnected to each other and it doesn't overshadowing the main plot.

The female characters dominated this book. Protagonist, antagonist, and side characters -- the women shine in this. We have Lexi Ballantine. She has an exceptional character development since Raw. She's braver, stronger and more resilient. I love how protective and loving she to all her love ones. She's a fierce lioness. Molly Te Wiata. Her childhood may be awful but it taught her to be tougher. Rough on the edges but definitely a sweet young lady. Honestly, I want her as my sister. Lastly, Ling Nguyen. Why did I include the psychopath Dragon Queen? She's a great anti-heroine no matter how screwed up she is, she fascinated and terrified me.

This dark romance just made me emotional. How can I not? Twitch and Lexi had been through a lot and all I want for them is happiness. They have an imperfect relationship. It made them vulnerable and emotionally scarred. Yet, fate did its job and everything has changed…for good. It's a beautiful and rough journey worth taking.

Overall, I'm satisfied with the ending. We had a closure and no cliffhanger but I am hoping there'll be either a spin-off series or a crossover. I see potential characters / couples and I'm curious about their story.

Final rating: 4.5/5 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rebirth.

October 20, 2016 – Shelved
October 20, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
December 26, 2018 – Started Reading
December 26, 2018 – Shelved as: arc
December 26, 2018 –
3.0% "MY BODY IS READY FOR THIS!! OMFG TWITCH YOU BETTER GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER."
December 26, 2018 –
10.0% "Ling Nguyen is the new anti-heroine to look out for. 😈 But she's terrifying af 😩"
December 27, 2018 –
21.0% "This moment gives me palpitations 😭😭😭 omfg"
December 27, 2018 –
38.0% "I tried not to laugh but..... LMAO!!"
December 28, 2018 –
50.0% "This is war. omggg"
December 28, 2018 –
61.0% "HOLY SHIT. 😱😲 LING 💀💀💀"
December 28, 2018 –
81.0% "OMG!!! GTFOOOOOOOO NOWWWWWWW 😭😱"
December 28, 2018 – Shelved as: adult
December 28, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Glad you enjoyed it! I really wanted to read it, but then I found out (view spoiler)

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) wrote: "Glad you enjoyed it! I really wanted to read it, but then I found out [spoilers removed]"

Thank you, Eve! I read that part and I was like "Oh no you didn't" (view spoiler)

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Beatrice wrote: "Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) wrote: "Glad you enjoyed it! I really wanted to read it, but then I found out [spoilers removed]"

Thank you, Eve! I read that part, and I was like "Oh no you di..."

Ya, but honestly, for ME there shouldn't have been any (view spoiler) I'll admit though, I am uber picky about that type of thing...(lol).

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) wrote: "Glad you enjoyed it! I really wanted to read it, but then I found out [spoilers removed]"

Thank you, Eve! I read that part, and I was ..."

You got a point there, Eve and I completely understand. (view spoiler)

message 5: by Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) (last edited Dec 29, 2018 04:02AM) (new) - added it

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Beatrice wrote: "Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) wrote: "Glad you enjoyed it! I really wanted to read it, but then I found out [spoilers removed]"
..."

It is why I am passing on it. I am already all pissed off, and I haven't even read the thing. I told a friend I was just going to pretend they lived happily ever after from the end of book one (lol).

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) wrote: "Glad you enjoyed it! I really wanted to read it, but then I found out [sp..."

I'm sorry that event ruined it for you. 😩 LOL the ending of book one was insane. 😂

message 7: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna Oh man... Doesn't sound like epic love at all... Thank you, ladies!

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic Anna wrote: "Oh man... Doesn't sound like epic love at all... Thank you, ladies!"

You're welcome, Anna! 😊

message 9: by Ela (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela AGREED. I am so curious about all the other characters that we got to meet in this book. The epilogue made me a sobbing mess 😭

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic Ela wrote: "AGREED. I am so curious about all the other characters that we got to meet in this book. The epilogue made me a sobbing mess 😭"

The new characters were something. I want them to have their own books. The epilogue - I couldn't be more happier.

Cristina | CristiinaReads Lovely review sweetie! xoxo

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic Cristina | CristiinaReads wrote: "Lovely review sweetie! xoxo"

Thank you, lovely! 💖