Sam B's Reviews > To Move the World

To Move the World by Regina Sirois

liked it
bookshelves: 600-tbr-goal-2027, copies-for-review, historical, read-in-2017, romance

I received this ebook through ebooksforreview.

This book is very hard for me to review. Let me explain why.
For almost the whole first half of the book, the characters really got one my nerves. Jonathon and Marion weren't really likable for obvious reasons and I didn't really like Eve and Theo either. I felt the girls (though mostly Theo) were superficial and naive. Honestly, I rolled my eyes at the pages an unthinkable amount of times.

I really wanted to give this book a chance though, especially since I loved the other books part of this series. Unfortunately, even though the story picked up about halfway through and I started to be more interested in the characters, who suddenly seemed to have more depth, the end deceived me greatly.

Also, I love Miss Pearl so much, I wished we would see her more. And sadly, I didn't feel she played much of a matchmaker role in this one.

I know lots of people thought this book to be very good and interesting. And it is true that the narrative, which is done as if Eve wrote to her journal, was interesting, but it just wasn't my kind of book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Move the World.

October 19, 2016 – Shelved