Cassandra's Reviews > The Hunt

The Hunt by Harper A. Brooks

Oct 19, 2016

bookshelves: blog-tour, arc, 2016, shifter

I am lucky to be part of the The Hunt Blog Tour and get a copy to read and do an honest review.

This is a great beginning of the Sifter Origins series. This is my first Harper A. Brooks story and it won’t be my last. She has delivered a shifter read that will keep you on the edge of your seat.

Cara a panther shifter, needs to provide for her family, her grandmother, Ryna and little sister, Alina and unfortunately there are very few willing to trade with her kind. Cara heartbreakingly parts with the handmade scarf her father gifted to her mother at the Hunt that started their family and the last piece she had of her parents. As she is leaving the marketplace the Rei, the tiger king makes an appearance declaring the Hunt will start soon and that his son Kael, the tiger prince will be participating. However shortly after his announcement and before Cara can warn them upon feeling something pass her face the rei is killed by a poisoned dart. Cara terrified and knowing how panthers are perceived in her world runs for her life.

Kael quickly chases the panther believing she is responsible for his father’s death. He despises panthers, wishing his father eliminated them all when one killed a Noble. He vows not to be as forgiving as his father when he officially becomes the rei. When he confronts the panther he is surprised to realize he is a she and a beautiful one. Kael, determined to arrest her for murder warns her he will be back.

The mythos behind how the shifters were created in the prologue was unique and interesting. There was drama. Muster and romance woven into this story. I was drawn into this world that I couldn’t put it down. I can’t wait to see where this series leads.

*I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book*
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunt.

October 19, 2016 – Started Reading