Elizabeth's Reviews > Trance

Trance by Kelly Meding

Jun 22, 2011

bookshelves: library

ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS I'VE READ SO FAR THIS YEAR.

Teresa "Trance" along with the surviving members of the Ranger Corp and Banes lost there superpowers after the final fight they had where only the children survived. The surviving member of the Ranger Corp where only 12 children who were put in the foster care system after there parents died and the rest of the Bane members where put in a maximum security prison.

But fifteen years later Teresa "Trance" powers have suddenly returned alongside with the remaining super heroes. But all is not right when Teresa discovers that she got the wrong superpower back. Which s the the power to blast purple energy balls and suddenly Teresa knows something terrible wrong is happening.

Now Teresa needs to figure out why her powers have finally return, why are they're all wrong,and if she's not the only one out there with her powers.
On her way to the rangers Corp base house Teresa finds Gage who she has had a crush on since she was 10 and she realizes that the only way to survive and find the others is to stick close to Gage.
Now Teresa and gage have to race the clock and find the surviving Ranger Corps before it's to late for them all.

This book was explosive none stop action the entire book.
From beginning to end the book was full of surprises and I loved that the book kept you in the dark about who the bad guy until the end. I also loved the characters they were all great to read about complex and with issues but at the same time lovable. It made me a little sad that all of them had rough lives and that there lives where torn apart after there powers were torn away and when they suddenly get them back they have to start over again and figure out what to do with there lives all over again and they basically all start from zero again.

I think the only problem I had was that way to many of the good guys died. Now I'm a little scared to see what happens in the next book because at least half of the original team didn't survive ad I'm wondering how many of the other's are going to die in the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trance.

June 22, 2011 – Shelved
April 26, 2012 – Shelved as: library
May 11, 2012 – Started Reading
May 11, 2012 –
page 182
43.54% "I'm half way done with the book and I'm already in love with it!"
May 11, 2012 – Finished Reading