Anno Nomius's Reviews > All the Light We Cannot See

All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

This is a sad book, expected, since this is based in the period of world war II. The book is very well written, very engaging and I loved the book. Probably the young blind girl held my attention the most with her curiosity and her survival instincts . This book could easily be a love story but it is probably more about missed opportunity to love with only the circumstances to be blamed. Probably the message in this book is war brings about collateral damage.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All the Light We Cannot See.

October 18, 2016 – Started Reading
October 18, 2016 – Shelved
October 18, 2016 –
page 60
11.32% "started this book today....having trouble connecting..."
October 19, 2016 –
page 130
24.53% "interesting story...I am liking this talkative young blind girl..:-)\nintroducing this character and answering her questions I think was a unique way to describe what's happening around"
October 20, 2016 –
page 200
37.74% "this book is engaging, events being narrated through a boy and a talkative blind girl...I am hooked"
October 24, 2016 –
page 260
49.06% "very interesting book...the atrocities of war told through the eyes of children. Also interesting to see a child define what weakness is when he refuses to pour water on a captured prisoner under tremendous pressure."
October 25, 2016 –
page 330
October 26, 2016 –
page 375
October 27, 2016 –
page 450
84.91% "amazing to see the courage of this young blind girl."
October 28, 2016 – Finished Reading