Andrea's Reviews > A Living Nightmare

A Living Nightmare by Darren Shan

Jun 22, 2011

Recommended to Andrea by: chapterchicks
Recommended for: All ages

Cirque Du Freak is really popular. I even saw a jock at my school reading them, which is quite surprising.. So, I got this book last night, and I'm done. And I loved it! At first I read the introduction, and I was like, wow, this is real? Now, I do not think it is. Because well, vampires, and a huge colorful spider named Madam Octa? Yeah, I don't think so. But, I loved the characters.
So, I watching one of those book hauls/reviews on YouTube. The videos with the username chapter chicks. Yeah, well I was watching the review, and she said the writing was very immature, and too many explanation points. Yeah, um, no. The writing might be immature to her, but the writing is just very fast paced and it doesn't drag on, and I like that. I like to get straight to the point and then BAM that's it.
Overall, yes I recommend this book to all ages! It's a quick read. Your never bored either. There is always something exciting going on the book. I'm not going to say anything about what the book what about because I do not want to ruin it, but yeah. Read the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Living Nightmare.

June 22, 2011 – Started Reading
June 22, 2011 – Shelved
June 23, 2011 –
page 223
86.77% "I'm normally not into vampires- but this book is amazing! I just got it last night and I'm almost done! It's a very fast paced book."
June 23, 2011 –
page 240
June 23, 2011 – Finished Reading

Cliona Kelly He is my all time favourite author!!!
His books are brilliant and I recommend that you read the rest of all his other book series too:)

Barely Breathing Banana Yeah, Darren Shan is really talented!! also, Andrea (if I may call you that...) if you've read to the last book you would understand why he wrote it as a 'true-life-event' obviously I don't believe it is but then again, it's nice to hope to someday see the 'cirque du freak.'

Andrea Cliona- This comment is late but, i only got to the third book! I plan on reading where I left off & yes he is a great author!

Andrea Annabanana- cant wait to read his last book now!

Barely Breathing Banana LOL you should, you will not be let down (actually, you might...but I dont want to give anything away...Now if my memory serves me, the third book is the one with Murlough...'clever boy hmm.' (and ofcourse Debbie Hemlock)

Andrea :o gosh i dont even remember anything! I started reading them last summer! But they are good.. easy to read. And very exciting!

Barely Breathing Banana LOL! I remeber every fact of every book I read, right down to the authors Bio, but then I start forgetting that titles! My mind is messed

message 8: by Katie (new)

Katie Hey I am under 13 years old and i was wondering if this book is scary. I dont want to buy it and then have it be to scary. Did you think it scary?

Barely Breathing Banana I read it for the first time at 13...its not that scary, but i wouldn't recommend it for the faint of heart =P I suggest you wait a year or two though, just in case...

Andrea I read it at 14. I guess it depends if you get scared easily or not. To me, it wasn't that scary.

Andrea Actually I was 13 too.

Barely Breathing Banana LOL, i guess its targeted to 13 year olds =P

Mitra I didn't find it scary at all, I don't think the author meant for it to be that scary, it's more of a thriller in my opinion but I loved it, there are more factors to these books than it being "scary" I loved the plot and I do hope that I can reread it someday