Jess's Reviews > Autonomy

Autonomy by Jude Houghton

33902010

bookshelves: blog-tours

Any book that starts with she "felt a pop between her legs followed by wetness" is bound to be interesting! When the next sentence talks about getting a bonus for hitting the baby quota, it had my attention... except, I am an idiot!

As I moved on to the second paragraph, I realized that it was not referring to a baby quota but describes finishing her shift to hit the quota before having the baby. (I thought about taking this part out of my review, but why not let someone else have a laugh t my stupidity? I do all the time!)

Balmoral was dealt a CRAPPY hand. From the second she was born, it kept hitting the fan. She was named Balmoral Murraine for heaven's sake! That was definitely not the name her parents picked for her. She never whines or complains, though. She just figures out a way to live the crappy life she was handed.

This book was awesome! It exceeded my expectations.

It has been refreshing to read YA books lately that have strong female characters that are not wrapped up in a cookie cutter love triangle of some type or super boy crazy.

I wasn't sure if there would be a sequel to this book, but the ending set up for one perfectly. I can't wait to see what happens next with Balmoral and Pasco! The only thing I'm upset about is how long I will have to wait to see what happens next!

I received a copy of this book from Xpresso Book Tours, in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Autonomy.

October 11, 2016 – Started Reading