Em-em's Reviews > Major Crush

Major Crush by Jennifer Echols

Jun 22, 2011

Read from June 22 to 23, 2011

Virginia Sauter throws her tiara because she is tired of the pageant circuit. She abandons her pageant looks and joins the school's marching band. She auditions into an unlikely role as drum major. This puts her in the path of Drew who has been a drum major for years. Drew's superior attitude always sparks argument between him and Virginia. But when they were forced to get along for the sake of the marching band, what was once a fake friendship turned into something deeper than friendship.

The reason why I decided to read this book is that I have a feeling that this will be one of those love stories that will make me laugh and fall in love all at the same time. And indeed this did not fail me. I just love..love..love this book. Yes, it is one of those love-hate relationships which is a real cliche. But I don't know this book does not make me tire of that oh so popular plot. This book fed my constant hunger for light romance. I don't know why I have this kind of hunger now. I think Virginia is a strong character. I like that she fights for what she wants although sometimes she has this temper that gets in her way but really who would want a perfect character in a book? Where is the story in that? She is this beauty queen who is running from the secrets of her life. Drew on the other hand is someone that I cannot really figure out. He is different from all the other characters that I have read. you know the kind that has a different facade but has also a different inner self. I usually read about those guys not that I hate them and all. I guess what I am trying to say is that this guy for a change is real. He is not sporting a different facade while keeping his true self inside. However, this self that he does not really hide has secrets and he sometimes has ways of projecting it that made me misunderstand him. At the beginning I really hate this guy. He is mean and arrogant. But towards the end he is a totally different. I guess because towards the end Virginia has gotten to know him and in a way as readers of Virginia's thoughts we are also getting to know him.

This book is one of those books that feed the readers who are hungry for light and funny romance. Read it and see for yourself. Truly worthwhile.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Major Crush.