Fabian's Reviews > Vicious

Vicious by V.E. Schwab

liked it

I can see how anyone (especially a younger-type millennial Anyone) who hasn't seen the early 90s Roberts-Sutherland-Baldwin thriller "Flatliners"* COULD be moved by this (you know, young 'uns playing with Death & stuff), a work of serious unoriginality. Another "X-Men"? No-oh thanks. (Unless, of course, you are under 30 & haven't yet gotten your fill of "Extra O rdinary" people [hint: as much as you want to deny this, every person on earth is an EveryPerson... No one's born "special," y'all!!!! (These superpowers are so very repetitive!].)

* New version in theaters now. Obvi.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vicious.

October 17, 2016 – Started Reading
October 17, 2016 – Shelved
October 26, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

Nikki "The Crazie Betty" V. Ah Flatliners. One of my favorite movies of all time. What a great premise!

Fabian Yes. Recycled in this instance, through and through

Nikki "The Crazie Betty" V. That's good to know. I've taken this book off my TBR, and put it back on again so many times I've got whiplash. Sounds like I'll be taking it off for good this time.

Great review Fabian!

Fabian Nikki "The Crazie Betty" V. wrote: "That's good to know. I've taken this book off my TBR, and put it back on again so many times I've got whiplash. Sounds like I'll be taking it off for good this time.

Great review Fabian!"

Thank u!

message 5: by Basia (new) - added it

Basia Nice reference! Haven't thought about THAT film in forever!

Fabian Basia wrote: "Nice reference! Haven't thought about THAT film in forever!"

It was a good one! F

Maryam Haha trye, when I was half through this book I'd already started thinking about Flatliners :))

message 8: by Elyse (new) - added it

Elyse And they remade Flatliners this year.

Sara what a non-review