Wendy Cartmell's Reviews > The Killing Game

The Killing Game by J.S. Carol

Imagine you are having lunch at an exclusive restaurant, filled with Hollywood’s hottest stars. And a masked gunman walks in and takes everyone hostage. You must bargain for your life against a twisted individual who knows everything about you. He also has a bomb set to detonate if his heart rate changes. If he dies. You die.You have four hours to stay alive. What would you do?
This is certainly a tense and thrilling book. No doubt about that. I enjoyed every minute of reading it. I was fearful, hopeful and disgusted by turn and I ensured I could continue reading the book by not doing the housework. I needed to get to the end to see who survived. And, for me, that was the only part of the book that let itself down. Don’t worry there are no spoilers here, but why oh why did the author and publisher use that strange epilogue, written in the third party present tense. For me it jarred and I also didn’t feel that all the story threads were pulled together at the end. So I was a little disappointed. But on balance, I really enjoyed the ride!
My thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for a copy of the book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Killing Game.

Finished Reading