Michelle's Reviews > Three Simple Words

Three Simple Words by A.J. Pine

bookshelves: arc, entangled-brazen, october-2016, 2016, best-friends-older-sister, books

ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

photo e695bb0720a91d1cded7b56cddfa55_zpsgs75zdyh.gif

Once upon a time. Immediately, once you hear the beginning of this phrase, you automatically think of that ending, “And they live happily ever after.” Right? No one wants to read a romance story that ends open ended or tragically. So what happens when you have a romance writer who doesn’t believe in happily ever afters?

photo 11b8cdec29ccaab8b8dd06ec525f07_zpspoyjhwnk.gif“He loved her now with every pulse of his blood through his veins. But was love supposed to wreck you this hard so soon after figuring out you were capable of the emotion in the first place? If that was the case, fuck it. Maybe he was better off before.”

Well, you get a sweet enchanting love story where a book blogger and book shop owner shows that you don’t automatically get that happily ever afters but instead you have to believe and write your own ending. And between the pages, you get to fill it with all the romance and happiness that love brings.

Wes is a bestselling romance author. He writes books that has steam and would make any women blush while reading his book but there is always something missing in his stories. You guessed it…The Happily Ever After. When Wes’s publishing house demands Wes to send in more pages of his work in progress, Wes is in a slump. The words are not coming out and all he sees are blank pages. And so when Wes decides to go back home, he runs into Annie, his best friend’s sister.

#ThreeSimpleWords

Annie is a book blogger and book shop owner. She is well aware of Wes’s success as an author but she is not a big fan of his book. His stories don’t have that happily ever after ending that she craves. All his stories ends with happily for now. And so of course when you get an author and a book shop owner discussing about romance tropes and HEAs vs. HFN, you get an inevitable unexpected love story in the making.

Annie and Wes are the perfect match in every sense of the word. The chemistry is there. They just need help putting pen to paper in order to fill in the pages. So can a romance author write his own happily ever after? Or will he have to settle with a happily for now?

photo 11b8cdec29ccaab8b8dd06ec525f07_zpspoyjhwnk.gif“Every time with you is like starting over,” he said. “Because each touch reminds me how lucky I am that I didn’t scare you away— how grateful I am that you fought for us.” He kissed her again, this time more insistent. “I love you.” Another kiss.”

Three Simple Words is a clever, witty, smart, fun and a fresh spin to a love story. I love the premise of this book as A.J. Pines wrote a story that deals with a romance author and a book blogger. So yes, you can definitely expect lots of banter and discussion on tropes, readers and the never ending question of HEA vs. HFN. This book can most definitely be read as a standalone although AJ Pine does sprinkle in past characters into the mix. As far as the writing, characters and story line, AJ Pine delivered a sweet and enjoyable love story. So if you are looking for a romance that blends sass, humor, and of course that best friend’s sister trope into a lighthearted and entertaining read then Three Simple Words is the book for you. I guess I can leave you with three simple words as well: Just Read It.

photo MICHELLE1_zps3515xymk.jpg A.J. Pine

photo Goodreads copy_zpsfeh1vivm.png  photo Facebook copy_zpsfvlct4mf.png  photo twitter copy_zps9gxmvckj.png  photo Instagram copy_zpsbfddknox.png  photo home copy_zpsvhjs5yyf.png

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three Simple Words.

October 17, 2016 – Started Reading