Skye Lansing's Reviews > Legacy

Legacy by Hugo Jackson

bookshelves: anthropomorphic

Legacy was an interesting read for me. Overall I enjoyed the story very much. The writing was very well done and descriptive, and I found myself genuinely enjoying the characters. By the end of the book I was left with several questions, but as this is the first installment of a series there is certainly room for those to be addressed later.

Minor quibbles:
-The magic doesn't seem to have much in the way of rules or limits that are shared with us. I'm not especially opposed with that, but one limit was that using it too much ends up being painful for the user. Later in the story this seems to be forgotten without much of a comment on why. Was really expecting it to play a bigger role in the story.
-I personally found the action scenes to be the least interesting parts, largely because they sometimes devolved into simple he did this then he did that type accounts. I don't really mind so much, but some of the fights are key to the story climax.
-Some story plot points seemed to come out of nowhere. I'm not sure if they weren't foreshadowed enough or if I just missed the foreshadowing, but there were a few too many developments that came without warning.

If any of those three things sound like something that would annoy you then be aware they may be an issue for you here, but all that aside I was very satisfied with the story as a whole.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Legacy.

October 17, 2016 – Started Reading
October 17, 2016 – Shelved
October 19, 2016 –
14.0% "Oh hey, there is a text box here.\n\nWell I started this a few days ago. So far I mostly like what I'm seeing, especially the writing."
October 23, 2016 –