Books to the Sky's Reviews > The Guardian

The Guardian by Robbie Cheuvront

Check out more reviews at Books to the Sky.

(We received this book free of charge in exchange for an honest review.)

This book reminded me strongly of The DaVinci Code, except I actually enjoyed this book. A lot.

I loved the "historical" aspect of this entire story. John the Disciple is given a scroll (rather, he pukes it up) from God and has to protect it. It thus passes down John the Disciple's descendants and they spend their lives guarding the scroll.

Anna is next in line to protect the scroll (although she doesn't know it at first). She finds out a lot about the reality of her world as she delves deeper into the role of protecting the scroll.

The story was chock full of action and I found myself becoming anxious while reading it because I was afraid for the characters. A few parts of the story I had to keep my mouth shut because I wanted to yell, "Don't you know they're coming!? RUN!"

But I figured that probably would sound weird because I read this on an airplane.

The only part of the story I didn't care for was the parts where it got preachy about being saved. However, I feel this is due in fact because I am not religious whatsoever. However, those parts were part of the author's story and it did make sense to have it in there. I just felt like the preachiness was a bit long.

That said, I would DEFINITELY recommend this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Guardian.

June 21, 2011 – Shelved
Started Reading
July 12, 2011 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Erik Reed Hope you enjoy the book. Thanks for adding it. :-)

Books to the Sky I did enjoy it immensely. I need to write the review and once I do I'll let you know when it will be posted. :)