Abigail Rasmussen's Reviews > Rome Sweet Home: Our Journey to Catholicism

Rome Sweet Home by Scott Hahn

Oct 16, 2016

This is the conversion story of a young couple, Scott and Kimberly Hahn. Scott Hahn was in seminary to become a Presbyterian minister, and Kimberly was the daughter of a Presbyterian minister. Scott was anti-Catholic, firmly believing Sola Scriptura. He and his fellow seminarians studied the Bible late into the night, discussing theology. Scott became a Catholic, not because he did NOT know the Bible well enough, but because he knew it “too” well. The Bible and 1st-5th century Church Father’s lead him straight to the Catholic Church.

Scott and Kimberly have a humorous, gentle and engaging way of writing. I could hardly read this book without either crying, or laughing, or crying some more through each and every chapter. I highly recommend Rome Sweet Home.

You can read my conversion story here: www.teawithabbey.com/Grace

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rome Sweet Home.

July 1, 2015 – Started Reading
July 1, 2015 – Finished Reading
October 16, 2016 – Shelved

message 1: by Susie (new)

Susie This is the most intriguing story, I think you just told me about it and I may have heard a summarized audio version of their conversions online.
I should read this book.

Abigail Rasmussen Yes, I did send you an audio summary of the book. I'd love for you to read the book! You can borrow my copy.

message 3: by Susie (new)

Susie Ok thanks. I better only take one book at a time